The holiday season is the time of year when many people are searching for fresh new home designs to impress their guests. While undergoing a full home renovation might be impossible to complete before the holidays arrive, sprucing up your home with a new color scheme and decor is an easy way to capture the beauty of the season in your home. Before you choose Matthew Rathgeb Painting for your painting company of choice in Fairmount, you should follow these simples steps to creating the perfect color palette for your house.
- Whether you love color or prefer more muted tones, sticking to 3-5 colors for your home’s palette will ensure that you can create a cohesive look that you will love for years to come.
- Take time to assess the fixed colors and elements that are already in your home like trim, cabinetry, flooring, wall tiles, and countertops.
- Determining how you want your home to “feel” will play a big part in figuring which colors you should choose for your palette. For example, if you want your home to feel calm and spa-like, you may opt for more neutral and earth tones.
Creating Your Platte
- Here are three basic color schemes to get you started on the right foot.
- Monochromatic- different shades and hues of the same color
- Analogous- colors located next to each other on the color wheel
- Complementary-colors that are directly opposite of each other on the color wheel
- Choose a white that matches the undertones of your fixed elements and a default neutral color to use in your home’s connected areas like the hallways and closets.
- Bold color doesn’t have to be outrageous unless you want it to. If you’re not crazy about color, then the boldest color in your palette can simply be the darkest or most saturated color.
- Choose a partner for your bold color based on the color scheme you selected. For example, if you picked a monochromatic scheme, then your partner color should be a lighter version of your bold color.
- Your accent color will be the least used color in your palette. This color should be used sparingly to create a dramatic impact within your home.
- Adding some new decor throughout your home will extend your color palette from your walls to your furniture.
No matter what color scheme you come up with, the painters at Matthew Rathgeb Painting can help you bring your vision to life just in time for the holidays. Call us today at 215-866-4640 to schedule a consultation with the #1 home painters in Fishtown, PA.