Is your home looking more than a little weatherworn? You don’t have to wait until the springtime to revamp its style and improve its curb appeal. The late summer and early fall season is the best time to spruce up your siding with fresh paint.
Why paint your home in the next few months? There are two reasons:
The Painting Process Itself Will Go More Smoothly
Imagine painting your house when the weather is:
- Scorching Hot – The paint can dry on your brush, causing thick brushstrokes and clumps of dried paint on your home.
- Rainy – A downpour will ruin your work and splash your home’s new color across your property.
- Freezing – The paint won’t dry correctly, causing lumpiness and uneven coloring.
Simply put, your home’s exterior paint job is tough to get just right, but the perfect environment of low humidity, little rain, and mild temperatures most often occurs between early August and late September. Additionally, working on a big outdoor project is more appealing during this season’s cool weather.
Put on Your Home’s Winter Coat
You wouldn’t go out in the winter without a thick coat, so give your home a new coat, too! A fresh coat of paint before the fall will protect your home against extreme temperatures, salt, ice, and snow. This protection against harsh weather, as well as contaminants like dirt, mold, and mildew, will often extend the lifetime of your siding.
You can also:
- Show off your beautiful home during the holidays.
- Feel absolutely confident in your Christmas light display.
- Know that beautiful curb appeal raises the value of your home.
Crack Open a Can Of Paint (Or Pick Up the Phone!)
If you are planning to paint the outside of your home before fall arrives, then the most important decision is whether to take on the project yourself or hire professionals who offer residential painting services near Logan Square. Here are a few benefits of letting expert painters handle this job:
- Professionals will provide a clean coat of paint that will last longer.
- A painting team can quickly and efficiently handle a large project.
- You can spend your free time relaxing, not prepping and painting.
Matthew Rathgeb Painting’s team of exterior and interior painters in Philadelphia, PA, will treat you and your home with respect. Call us today at 215-866-4640 to schedule a free estimate for your home painting project this season!